And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, December 1, 2012

I got to be a Mommy & Wife

Wish I knew where to start...

Let's go with the praise!!!

In the last eight days, I have only had four seizures!!!  Wow!!  This is pretty much unheard of...Praise the Lord!!!  I've only had one other time this year that was somewhat close to that...so, it has been a nice break!! 

The catch is that despite the break, I had more seizures in November than I've had any month in the last 18 months.  So, that tells you how many I was having per day.  Last June, when I was in the hospital, it was because I was averaging one more seizure per day than I averaged for November.  So, not much different.  Anyway, the point is that this has been a rough month and the roughest since June 2011.  However, I praise the Lord for the recent break He has given to me.

Romans 8:18: "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." (NIV)

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37 (NIV)

Amidst that break, my man and my little angel got sick.  So, not having many seizures has allowed me to love on them!  Wow!  Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to take care of my two favorite people.  Being a wife and Mommy is a blessing! 

When we got home from Philly, P had a little red spot on her chin.  Last time she had that, it was time for a new pacifier.  This time, it got worse.  We took her to school and asked every Mommy that we saw what it was.  They all said it wasn't a big deal.  When we picked her up from school that afternoon, we just weren't comfortable with the way it looked.  So, we went to the pediatrician.  Turns out she had Impetigo (a rash caused by a bacterial infection).  We purchased the antibiotic ointment, put it on her chin, and laid her down for her nap.  It was much better by the time she woke up from her afternoon nap.  Thank you, Lord!  Impetigo is quite contagious and so the school had to do a quick toy evacuation from her room!  She was able to go back to school on Thursday.  

Pics taken in the doc's office.




B came down with something last Saturday night.  We went to a b-day party at ASI gymnastics and we're wondering about the foam pit since B and Miss P both started getting yucky after that.  B had a fever by the time we went to bed Saturday night and was unable to get up for church.  He slept most of Sunday (I don't even recall him sleeping this much during chemo).  He tried to get some work done Monday from the house.  He felt better on Tuesday.  However, after dinner Tuesday night...not so good!  He didn't get any sleep Tuesday night/Wednesday morning because he was "busy!"  We got him to the doc Wednesday morning.  He wasn't allowed to eat all day Wednesday or most of Thursday, only clear fluids.  So, he finally got to enjoy dinner Thursday night!!!


Daddy, the Olympic Gymnast!!

Daddy, you just came from up there!



Wow!!



This is so much fun!








Then came Friday!  We were getting excited about our date night!!  We've not had a fun date night since the beginning of the month since we were in Philly for two weeks, had the Thanksgiving holiday, etc.  So, we were so excited about our date night this week.  We decided that we were craving our two favorite spots and so we would have, as B put it, "a progressive dinner."  We were going to stop at Whole Foods to get a tiny bit of sushi and take it with us to Keller's.  We would eat our "appetizer" in the car while we waited for our burgers to arrive!!!

Plans changed quickly: As we were leaving Whole Foods, we got a text from Ms. C that Miss P had a fever of 100.4.  She was precious and told us that she had everything under control, but just wanted us to know.  However, we wanted our girl in our arms.  So, we called the doc to see if we could blame this on a virus or could it be stemming from the impetigo.  She said no worries, just a virus.  So, we rushed home and snuggled a bunch with our girl. 

She got to stay up late because Daddy got the Christmas decorations down from the attic.  We told her to just let us know if she felt bad during the night and we'd come get her.  Well, she did...poor baby threw up all over her bed.  So, Mommy and Daddy got some of the best snuggles we've ever had from our girl!!!!  Please pray that she wakes up feeling much better today and that her fever is gone!!!

P.S.  Our girl loves to clean.  After dinner Wednesday night, she worked very hard to make sure that the kitchen and breakfast room were spotless!! ; )



 
Scrub, scrub, scrub!!!

Then, it was time to organize the lunch bags.  Pardon me, her purses!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment