And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What Makes Today Special?

Many look back on this day eleven years ago and remember so many innocent lives lost.
In our family, there is a secondary reminder, one of life!  Yes, on this day, September 11th, 2006 (the five year anniversary of lives lost), a special man that I love, went in to surgery.  While he was still waking up from his anesthetic, his doctor told me that he had cancer.  To most of us, that is a bad word and it means death because we've lost someone to the yucky disease.  A few minutes later, my amazing husband woke up from his anesthetic and wanted to know about his surgery.  The doctor had not made it back in to the room and so I had to tell my hubby that he had cancer.  September 11th no longer meant death or fear.  The first words out of B's mouth were, "Cool, that means I get to be a cancer survivor!"  Yes, you can blame it on the anesthetic, but I blame it on a man that is completely sold out to his Savior, Jesus Christ.  He trusted and still trusts fully in the Lord and HIS healing power over B's life.

You can read more about that day here: Survivor
You can read more about the journey here: Psalm112-survivor.blogspot.com.

In the meantime, we both head to the doctor on Thursday.  The neurologist has told us to expect a long appointment.  We will be getting a preliminary update on B's test from last week.  That doc told us (what his wife already knew) that he is brilliant, but she can also see in the test scores the areas of weakness where the scans pointed to damage to the brain.  So, in the next few weeks, we will begin to learn what type of "rehab" will be required to strengthen those areas. 

We will also learn the next step that they want to take with me.  Last we were told, the next choice was chemo, but there was one other option that she was trying to look into...So, please say some extra prayers for wisdom for all docs involved and for us.  Please pray for P's protection amidst all of this chaos.  Please pray for B's job that he is able to continue working and serving others while still taking care of himself and the rest of us!  We love him SO MUCH and PRAISE THE LORD that HE chose to make September 11th a celebration of life for our family!!!

We love you, B & Daddy!!!

Psalm 112

Praise the Lord.[b]
Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
    who find great delight in his commands.
They will have no fear of bad news;
    their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear;
    in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.

1 comment:

  1. please, please read the book A More Excellent Way. I think it will really be an encouragement to your family. I know it has brought great peace and healing to mine.

    ReplyDelete