And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Update....

Two days of rest are "over," seizures are not...

I had eight seizures the first day and three the second day.  I've already had two today.  So, this isn't going according to the doctor's plans.

When we called in to update the doc, she requested that the home health nurse come today and do an infusion of fluids to see if that would help (they believe my overall fluid volume plays a role).  My home health nurse is amazing and always does a great job of getting a line started.  However, she stuck me five times today and still couldn't get a line.  Same thing happened on Monday.  This is weird.

So, we called the doc's office to ask what she wanted us to do...

Instead of drinking 6Liters of water each day, she wants me to increase to 7 liters.  She also wants to start me on a very scary anti-seizure med.  It's very dangerous and one that each doc (including this one) has worked hard to avoid.  However, she feels that we don't have much choice in the matter.

She has ordered more IV fluids for the rest of the week and IV meds.  The kicker is that I'm not able to receive the IV meds if they can't get a line started.  So, the doc said that her next step is to order a PICC line.  She really wants to avoid this, as do we...

Please pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment