And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, May 21, 2012

One Small Step for Miss P and Failure is Not An Option

Sunday was a special day for our girl!  No, she didn't take her first steps.  She's been running since November!!!

Miss P actually had the opportunity to meet a couple people that have made an impact on our nation's history and "mankind."  Anyone have a guess?  I'm trying to drop some clues.

Congressman Hall was having an event at his home and he had some special guests there to speak.  We didn't have plans to attend, but realized what an amazing opportunity this would be for Miss P.  If I knew how to scrapbook, this would make for a great page in her scrapbook and a fantastic history lesson for Daddy to teach her in years to come.  So, we decided to stop by for a quick hello.  We were quickly whisked back into a room with Congressman Hall and three gentleman!

The first man that stood up to say, "Howdy," was Gene Kranz of Apollo 13 fame!!!  P had fun flirting with him and learning all about his granddaughter.  Cgsmn Hall was sweet to ask each of them to be in prayer for my healing!
The second man was Neil Armstrong, the first man to step on the moon.  "That's one small step for man, but one giant leap for mankind!"
We didn't get a chance to meet the third gentleman as they whisked us back out as quickly as we entered.

As the men were leaving our precious friend and prayer warrior, H, made sure that Miss P could get a picture worth remembering!!!

Mr. Armstrong about to get in the limo with Cgsmn, Hall.

The "giant leap" in to the limo!
 "Mommy please don't make me go to the moon.  I promise I'll sit still while we read Goodnight Moon."
L to R: Cgsmn. Hall, Miss P, Neil Armstrong, & Gene Kranz
 So, as you can see, Miss P had a pretty special day!  Thank you to everyone that made it possible to create such a special memory for our girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment