And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Day of Rest...or TWO

By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
Genesis 2:2-3

GOD rested.  Yes, GOD!!!  Since He is God, do you think He really needs to rest?  No, but He did.  Wow! What an example for us.

Yet, I somehow think I can keep on doing all that needs to be done and not rest.  Do I want to rest at times?  Yes!!  Do I make it happen?  Rarely. 

So, my doctor has stepped in with orders to rest...
We've found that each time I'm placed in the hospital, I have fewer seizures.  She believes it is because I am resting.  Whereas, at home, I'm constantly trying to get things accomplished.  Even if it's just sitting up at the computer desk or making food for P or doing a load of laundry.  However, doc says that is too much!  Time to rest.

The reason that she is ordering me to be on at least two days of "official" bed rest is because my seizures have been awful this year.  First, they have increased in number, but they are also a lot worse.  When some of them are over, I don't know what's just happened, I am losing more of my memory, and they are just hitting a lot faster, etc.  I had EIGHT yesterday.  That was with two "rescue" meds.

We've found that prolonged "bed rest" (each time I'm in the hospital they won't really let me out of bed) seems to decrease the number of seizures.  If you can get seizures to stop for a little bit/calm the brain down, you have a better chance of uncovering triggers.  So, here we are on bed rest...I've only had one so far today.  So, Lord willing, no more.

The doc has also ordered an increase in my meds and daily infusions of some of my meds.  Our Rockstar nurse came yesterday to give an infusion and was never able to get a line going...so weird.  She is usually the ONLY one that can get a line going.  So, she'll be back today to try again....

We appreciate all of your prayers and asking how we're doing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment