And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Some quick pics from our visit at Mayo

The day they released me from the hospital, we had to hurry over to the clinic to see if we could get some of the additional tests run...so, instead of me showering as soon as they removed the electrodes, they gave me a smiley-face doo rag.  Yes, I felt so cool and classsy!!!  The tech encouraged me that it would make others smile since it had smiley-faces on it.

With my nurse and B about to leave the EMU!!
 There was an event called Ice Fest or something to that effect going on this weekend.  All of the local vendors have an ice block carved in to something representing their business and they are all placed in front of the mall area.  You can even order a drink served out of a cup made of ice!  Pretty fun to see, but it was so cold that it seems ludicrous to drink something cold out of something cold.  We were looking for the warmest drink possible!!  Those guys were tough!

We weren't tough enough to be outside in the cold.  So, we had dinner in a restaurant that looked out over this area and took pictures from inside.

This was a ring made out of ice that everyone was taking their pic in front of that night.


We decided to eat out again this evening and went back to the area where they held Ice Fest.  All of the ice sculptures were still on display.  So, here are some better pictures.

This is a set of benches for people to sit on while at the event.

This was the bar, made out of ice, for people to order their drinks.
Something fun that we got to celebrate while we were here is that nine years ago, this past Thursday, B proposed to me.  So, we had to have fun in front of the ice engagement ring!!

Ben proposing again, nine years later!!  Yes, forever!!!
 Mayo has a very impressive underground/Subway tunnel system so that you do not have to walk outside when the weather is super cold!!  So each night as we came back from dinner, we passed though the hallway of one of the hospitals.  We were met with this sign each evening.



Our prayer is that we are able to get in for both of the tests that I need to have run first thing in the morning.  Then, we will try to catch the earliest flight out of town that we can...Please pray that we are able to get immediate appointments.  We also pray that these tests will help point the docs in the right direction....

No comments:

Post a Comment