And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lesson Learned...or at least trying...

A week or so ago, my doc here "laid down the law" and said that I need to be on bed rest.  She said that if I have a day that I feel good, I can accomplish one goal (typically, I go crazy on the days that I feel good and try to do everything that hasn't happened), not two or three or four or more...ONE!!  This is tough for me.  I struggle to feel like I'm contributing to the world around me.  Not being able to care for my daughter, my hubby, etc., is tough.  Therefore, I try to do anything and everything else that I am able to do, if I feel well. 

So, after the craziness of last week (twenty seizures in just three days and a trip to the ER), it was a welcomed relief to have fewer seizures each day.  Starting last Thursday through Monday of this week, I was averaging close to one seizure a day!  This was such a gift!  I was "minding" the doc and making myself rest.  Also, most of the seizures I was having were as I was falling asleep or they were in my sleep.  Thus, I felt much like myself throughout the day.

However, we had a precious friend from B's office that came over to help yesterday!  She was so sweet and it was her first time with P.  So, I spent a lot of time with her and P throughout the day.  I did a lot more than I'm supposed to do during the day!  I felt good and wanted to take advantage of it.  After she left, we all went to run an errand that had me standing for quite a while, too.

So, here's where the lesson learned comes in to play:
When we got back home and started making dinner, I had a really bad seizure.  B even thought I had fallen asleep it lasted so long and I was so non-responsive.  I had another one on the way to bed.  Then, I had a really bad one in my sleep that I wasn't able to write down, but B remembered it happening and told me about it this morning.  Thus, three seizures in 12 hours.

It's just so hard to not be out there with my little angel and lovin' on her!!!  Or, just getting things done around the house that need to get done...

No comments:

Post a Comment