And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, November 13, 2011

ER

We are in the ER this evening.  We were blessed with 7 amazing days of no seizures or auras!!  WOW!!!  Thank you, Lord!!

Then, today happened.  I woke up around 2:45 this morning having a pretty bad seizure.  I felt yucky, even super moody.  I could barely speak.  B and P went to church.  Once they arrived back home and finished lunch, I had another one.  My doc calls four seizures the breaking point and when she wants me to take rescue meds (which typically don't work).  So, she had shared with us through the IVIG treatments that she wanted me to go to the ER over the weekend if I had 3 or more seizures in a day.  Thus, B called her when I reached three seizures and she said to head to the ER.  I had another one soon after.  Our sweet angel on earth that we told you about a few weeks ago was at our house very soon after to take good care of P. She is such a treasure.

So, we are still in the ER.
They've done the IV meds.
I'm at six seizures for the day after an entire week of NONE.
They're still trying to decide if they keep me overnight or not.
We met a precious nurse, J, that has had many similar medical issues and her little boy, R, (about the same age as P) just started having seizures.  Will you say a special prayer for their family?  J, R, and her husband, M.
If no more seizures tonight, we'll go home this evening and have home health do infusions all week.  If more seizures, I guess we'll stay and see what the doc decides.

Thank you all for praying!!!!


1 comment: