And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, November 10, 2011

WOW & OW

Yes!  You read that correctly:

WOW-to the response to treatment
OW (a.k.a. ouch)-to the response to treatment

Why are we saying WOW?  Well, we've been blessed to watch God perform some miracles this week.  As you know, my treatment last week went well (much better than when we did it in May) except for Friday when my vein blew and we weren't able to finish with the fluids.  Some craziness happened with the doc's answering service and so we couldn't get an answer from them on what to do about it.  So, the pharmacy gave their recommendation.  That was followed by a rough seizure that evening and four more on Saturday.  However, my last seizure was on Saturday around 7pm.  Yes, you read that correctly, not even an aura.  Praise the LORD!!!  Thus, WOW!!!!!

Why the OW?  We believe that the fluid infusion was an important part of avoiding side effects.  It is stated that it's important to get extra fluids and the pharmacist thought that drinking that much more would be fine.  Not so much.  Thus, I have been battling a pretty intense migraine since Friday.  It comes and goes, but it's coming more than it's going!  For some reason, when I eat sugar, it helps a bit, even better than the high dose pain meds they want me to take.  Anyone have a good explanation for that one?  Obviously, after the diet I was on to treat the seizures that didn't allow for carbs, I'm thrilled to "have" to eat sugar!  I'm not thrilled with the headache, though.  So, big time OW as we are out of sugar-y treats since hot stuff's b-day has passed and we've eaten all of the sweets that we had hanging around for his celebration.

The doc also let me know that my potassium levels are elevated for some reason.  So, she's going to run labs again soon to see if it was a fluke/lab error or if we need to be looking at that, too.  She has also ordered an infusion first thing tomorrow of the fluids that were missed last week.   The hope is that it will help with the headache.

So, it has been so fun to watch the Lord perform a miracle and heal me.  Five days without any type of seizure is amazing!!!  WOW!!  Go God!!  We are also blessed to have a doc that is willing to pray with us about each step of treatment.

Will you each continue to pray?  It seems that each time we post that things are better, they get yucky again!  So, there is someone out there that the Lord loves talking to and He misses you when you stop praying!   Keep talking to our sweet Daddy God!!  He loves hearing your voice!

Now, to end on a precious note!


No comments:

Post a Comment