And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 4, 2009

Today is a very special day!

While at lunch with Mom, I received a message from my dear friend A's little girl. "A" sang in our wedding and has been such a precious friend through the years. She lives in Houston and each time I've been in the hospital, she has been there by my side. Each time with a picture colored for me from at least her oldest, A, and sometimes her other little girl, S. She is such a steadfast friend and woman after Christ. She is always there to offer prayer and encouragement. I hope to be like her as a Mom some day, too!

So, back to the message. I got a message from her little girl asking me to call her back that she had "really exciting news to tell me." She said that it was so exciting and kept going on and on about how exciting it was and that I needed to call her back. I convinced myself that either her Mom was pregnant again or they were somehow going to be moving to Dallas.

When she answered, she told me that this morning, she was laying in bed talking to her Mommy and decided this was the day that she was going to accept Jesus in her heart!! I can't see to keep typing because I am crying. That's what I was doing as she was telling me...I kept trying to tell her that they were happy tears. I have known this sweet little girl since the day she was born (I even got to talk to her in her Mommy's belly) and now she is a New creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

They are having a little party tonight to celebrate that Jesus is now her Savior and she gets to spend eternity with Him! How cool!! We talked about the fact that today is March 4th, 2009, and it's a very special day and a day she'll never forget...I still remember sitting by the lake at Sky Ranch and asking Jesus into my heart. Of the many things I've forgotten, that is one memory I hold dear....

These are some pics over the years with Miss A.

This is us together a few years ago.

Me with her Mom, A (such a sweet friend).

Isn't she adorable?
This is one of the times I was in the hospital last year.
Also, in the pic, her sister (S), her Mom, her brother (J), my friend (Dr. S), and my Mom.

Hangin' in the hospital with Miss A!!
Another time they came to visit (her on the far left).
Her Dad was able to come for this visit, too!
I spent my 30th b-day with her.
Mom and I were in Houston for doc visits & so I got to spend the big day with them.
Didn't even get to spend the day with my hubby, but I was with Miss A!!

Our most recent visit to Houston after the surgery.
This sweet face now knows the joy of Jesus in her heart!!

If you don't know Him as your Savior, ask me or ask someone else how you can know Him!!! It is "really exciting news!!"

Pray for her sweet heart that she continues to grow in her relationship with Him!!

3 comments:

  1. This post made me cry! What WONDERFUL NEWS! I will be praying for her. March 4th is her new birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little girl!!! That is the most exciting news she could ever tell you! How wonderful that she has a relationship with God now and that she was so excited, she called to tell you about it. I just love hearing about children coming to Christ.....they have such beautiful little hearts! I have tears and I don't even know this beautiful little one! I pray she will grow in Christ and have a close relationship with God!

    (sorry I'm so late in responding to this post. I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to read anyone's blog....hope you are doing well)!

    ReplyDelete