And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, March 14, 2009

From Connor's Daddy

Below is an update sent out by Connor's Dad last week. Also, Connor started his first round of chemo yesterday (Friday) to treat this new tumor they have found. Continue to pray fervently for him. Also, let me know if you want a Connor's Prayer Warrior bracelet like we wear to remind you to pray for him all the time!!!

I have not updated in some time and with Joy's wonderful writing ability, many times I'm even awestruck on how she expresses the current status of Connor and the fight that we're going through with his cancer. We have been fighting cancer with Connor almost 46 months, longer than WWII. And when I hear people ask where do you get the fight, where does the energy come from, how much longer, how does Connor have the stamina, we simply have one answer and that is our faith in God through this fiery journey that we've been on.

With visits to Dallas, Houston, Boston, New York and now Ft. Worth, with the primary tumor being Neuroblastoma and now a completely new tumor, we still rest in the Lord. At the end of the day we will fight until there is no more fight. The only way we are getting through dark nights, thoughts that we don't want in our brain, questions we don't want to have to answer, doctors we do not want to have to see is your prayers, your encouragement, and knowing that our Lord is giving us strength.

Early on in this fight I quoted Psalms 23 saying we are going through the valley of darkness, to our right is dark, to our left is dark. Our old life, our old "normal" is behind us and the new normal ahead of us is black. The only way we're getting through this is with your fingerprints all over us pushing us through this. Today as the father of an eight year old son with two dragons inside of him trying to devour him I say thank you. With 46 months of fighting this, hundreds of visits to the doctor, thousands of pills taken, gallons of chemo infused, and countless surgeries, Connor has never complained.

My question to you today is what do you have to complain about? I'm asking you to be grateful, to embrace life's challenges, to say a prayer for an eight year old boy who is fighting cancer, and also I say thank you for your incredible faithfulness in lifting up our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment