And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blessings!!

Throughout this crazy journey we've been on, we've been blessed by so many of you...

Since Tx won't let me drive, it's hard to run basic errands. I like a good bargain and so if I see that something is on sale at one store vs. another, it takes great effort to get to each store. Plus, I need to pick up prescriptions quite often. Other times you just want to get out of the house!!! B & Mom run me on their share of errands (i.e., doc appts). So, I hate to constantly ask them for all of the other little trips around town, too (though I know they would do it & they do do it with willing & loving hearts).

When I was first unable to drive, my next door neighbor took me to the grocery store every week. She also taught me about The Grocery Game which has saved us so much money since I've not been able to work for over a year and Ben's time at work was so limited last year sitting next to me in the hospital for so many months. If you decide to sign up for the grocery game, let me know so that I can give you my e-mail as a referral because I can get credit & free months!!!

Then, my next door neighbor started working and was unable to take me to the store anymore. Our next door neighbor from our previous house then offered. She is a physician and so I know it was such a sacrifice from her schedule, but she still worked to make it happen each week.

Then, a friend from church offered to take me each week. Her name is K. She is so patient with me and will go sit at the Starbuck's at the front of the store and just wait if I'm taking too long. There are times that I have a bunch of seizures and so the trip to the store takes a long time...she never hurries me. She has been such a precious blessing! She also gets as excited about coupons as I do...

I love our time together and our talks that we get to have in the car! However, I think her favorite time is when she gets to the house to pick me up and she cuddles with Hank!!!


Saying Hello to Hank

Looking at coupons & getting kisses from Hank!

Hank trying to cuddle with her!

Their official cuddle time!! Hank loves this!!
He actually starts to cry at the front door about
10 min. before she arrives each Mon. morning.

Thank you, K, for blessing me each week!

Thank you to everyone that has selflessly blessed us so much through this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment