And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 91

Haylie update - April 21

I have been wanting to get an Easter picture of our family all dressed up for church, but it’s been a tough day and it just never happened. I got ready, but Haylie had a really hard day, so we never even left the house. She has been doing so good these past few days, which is why today completely blindsided me. Her first week of school was great! She was extremely tired when I picked her up after 1/2 a day, but she was so excited to be back and doing good. 

Thursday was her doctors appointment for labs and her monthly chemo dose. She takes chemo pills everyday, but this was the port kind. I got her new chemo calendar and I totally didn’t realize that she would be starting her dex (steroid pills) again on Thursday. Haylie has not done well with steroids in the past, but this was supposed to be much lower dosage. Boy, it has packed a heavy punch on her today. She had a super rough night and she couldn’t get out of bed this morning. She was so exhausted, she couldn’t even talk to me most of the morning. There were times in the hospital that she couldn’t talk, but only made sounds and wouldn’t open her eyes. Today was one of those days.

She had been so excited about going to church and wearing her new dress. Unfortunately, it just never happened. She was in tears because well, it was Easter Sunday and she just couldn’t get out of bed because she felt so miserable. She tried so hard to get up and get dressed but I found her laying on the floor unable to even sit up. I just laid there with her for awhile. We are thankful for church online, so Michael put Haylie back in bed and we all sat around her bed and watched the service online. Not the way we planned today but it still worked. Haylie was really upset and she kept telling me she ruined Easter. I was thankful that I was able to share with her that she couldn’t possibly ruin Easter, because Easter is the most amazing gift that Jesus gave to us. He gave up his life as a sacrifice for our sins. It’s not about wearing a new dress to a church building (although, I do like that part), but it is about celebrating our risen savior who conquered death. It doesn’t matter where you are, even if you are laying in bed not feeling well.

Haylie has a big week ahead of her. She was asked to be on the Good Morning Texas show (WFAA) Monday morning at 9am to model her dress that she will be wearing to the CCF Gala on Friday. We have to get up really early to make it into the studio and I’m just hoping she feels well enough to get there. Prayers are certainly appreciated. Tomorrow will be a new day!
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment