And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, April 15, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 89

Haylie update - April 15th

It’s a big day for us! Haylie’s first day of school!!! She has been doing all the schoolwork as a homebound student, but today she actually gets to go back to school for 1/2 days and see her friends! She was so excited and nervous both for her first day back!

I have to tell you, this was way harder for me than dropping her off at kindergarten. I didn’t cry a bit at kinder drop off, but boy did the tears fall today as I drove off. Most of it was tears of joy, she has come so far from that first night in the ICU. We really do have so much to be thankful for. God is so good!

I am so thankful for her sweet Homebound teacher, Ms Gallegher. She surprised us by getting several of Haylie’s friends to meet her at drop off. It made my heart so happy to see her friends there supporting her on the first day back and I know it helped Haylie tremendously. I was able to snap a few pictures from the car before I had to drive off and her teacher texted me several of these pictures that she took. ❤️ It is going to be a great day!
#HealingForHaylie

 
First day of school pictures.


Brennen was so happy For her and kept giving her hugs.

Thankful for sweet friends to welcome her back.




Haylie and Ms Gallegher




No comments:

Post a Comment