And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, April 13, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 88

Haylie update - April 12

We got great news from Haylie’s last appointment. Her levels were great and she has been cleared to return to school 1/2 days starting on Monday!!! She has gotten stronger everyday and continues to amaze me. So much good has happened over this last week. She had her fashion fitting for the Children’s Cancer Fund Gala and picked out her dress for the runway. She loved every minute of it too. We can’t wait until she gets to walk the runway next month!


She tried out for 7th grade cheerleading and she made the team!!! I’m so proud of her for getting out there and trying even when it was so hard. We also had so much fun at our GLOW girls mother daughter tea banquet and getting to wave at the Medal of Honor recipients as they drove by.
She started riding her bike and she was able to ride to the park on Tuesday and then made it all over our neighborhood a few days later. God is so good! She has come so far. It is so so very good for this mommy’s heart to see her active and getting to do things again.

Her hair has even started growing back to the point she is no longer bald but it just looks like a really short haircut. She has gained so much wisdom and confidence these last few weeks. Middle school can be so tough, but I know she will be ok. I think I will need prayers though. Letting her take off on her own is such a challenge for me since she has needed me right by her side for so long now. The first time she rode her bike she only made it around the block once. The second time she made it twice, but got in the driveway and crashed out of exhaustion. I so wanted to run to her, hug her and pick her up but I knew I have to let her go through the struggle and learn to get back up on her own, even when it is tough. It’s a lot like watching your kid learn to walk or ride a bike for the first time, all over again. I told her she was ok and she could get back up, and she did. I felt like such a mean mom, but I know she is stronger for it now. She is more determined and stronger emotionally than ever before. Soon her physical strength with be just as strong. God really is growing all of us in big ways.
#HealingForHaylie

CCF model fashion fitting

Just got labs completed! They looked great!

Bluebonnets

1st bike ride to the park

Glow girls mother daughter tea banquet



Medal of Honor recipients


Her paintings for daddy’s office

No comments:

Post a Comment