And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, October 26, 2012

Thank you!

We've received a few e-mails requesting that we share some quick updates.

First, thank you all for your prayers!!

Second, thank you each so much for your sweet birthday wishes!  Wow!  My inbox is going crazy with blessings from each of you!  What a precious gift!

Finally, the update:

We came home from the hospital that Thursday evening (two weeks ago).  I had two decent days.  Then, they started up again....That Sunday was incredibly rough.  We had home health out to do some IVs and I have no real recollection of the nurse being here.  That was the beginning of four rough days where I averaged close to three seizures per day.  So, needless to say I was exhausted!!!  Then, I had a bit of a break for a day or so, only having one each day.

Then, came Saturday.  I had two seizures within 20 minutes of each other and another one a few hours later.  So, I had to take the "rescue med" before 6am.  I didn't have any more seizures Saturday or Sunday, but most of the days were "erased" and I was asleep.

Then, came Monday.  The day that so many of you remembered, my birthday!!!!  Thank you!!  I only had one on Monday and one on Tuesday.  So, the break was great.  Thank you, Lord!

Wednesday hit with a bang, literally.  I already had too many by 7am and had to take a rescue med which only lasted about five hours.  A dear friend from college was coming over to "play" that day.  She has two little ones.  This was our first ever playdate.  I had no idea what to do.  No seizures while the kids were here!  Thank you, Lord!  However, soon after they left, chaos.  I had four seizures in less than eight hours.  So, B had me take another rescue med.

Here we are, today, Thursday.  I've had four seizures today.  So, more rescue meds and pleas for prayers for some days with rest included!  Our pup also had a seizure tonight.  Thus, it's been a bit crazy around here.  Thank you all for your prayers!!

Here are some cute pics of P with the Halloween present she received from her grandmother tonight:






She absolutely loved it and walked all over the place with it...it's a little pumpkin bag with a pumpkin flashlight that she can shine all over the walls!!! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment