And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Waiting, not fainting

Dear God, Your Word says "those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31). Please renew my strength; help me to run this race of life and live for you without becoming weary; help me to stand for what's right, to walk forward and not faint. Thank You for Your promises. Thank You for lifting me up and sustaining me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

This was the prayer in one of my recent devotionals.  Boy is it ever the cry of my heart.  It has been a rough week.  I had eight seizures on Tuesday.  I finally gave in and took a "rescue" med to stop the seizures.  I didn't have any on Wednesday.  Praise the LORD!!!  

Then, they picked back up again...so, I took another rescue med (if you know me, you know it was hard to give in and take the meds since we've seen 2+ years of meds not working and I don't like to take meds unless I have to...) and it's been awful ever since.  The seizures that I have had in the last few days have been the yucky ones.  These are the ones that I come out of and don't know what is going on, but about 30 minutes after it's over, I realize I had a seizure.  This scares me as far as time alone with Miss P.  As well, we are still looking for someone full time to come and help me care for her.

Finally, I have already had four this morning and it's only 8am.  Will you please beckon the Father that these will go away?  Will you also pray for our wisdom in some changes we need to make to the diet?  Moreso, no more seizures, Lord, please!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ephesians 3:20-21
    Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

    I pray that He will fulfill abundantly our prayers for seisures to subside.

    In Jesus Name I pray ... Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you sweet M & B & P.

    ReplyDelete