And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Today was treatment #4.  The docs wanted to cancel all IVIG treatments and switch to high dose steroids since my seizures have been increasing.  The side effects to the steroids are quite frightening.  So, after much discussion with the doc, we decided against the steroids.

However, as many of you know, the therapy they have me on for my seizures requires that I weigh all of my food to the tenth of a gram and the protein, fat, & carbs in each meal have to be to a very specific ratio.  We discovered that the IVIG infusion that they are giving me has quite a bit of protein (probably more than I'm able to consume in two days) & might even have some carbs.  Thus, we spoke with the dietitian at Mayo who changed some things for today's treatment so that we might have more success...

I had eight seizures yesterday. Today has been much the same, but also we are currently now at the hospital.  M has experienced a rapid heart rate for most of the week, but today it became incredibly rapid, hovering around 140 bpm.  When B got home after work we were able to discuss how M felt and determined it was best to reach out to the Neuro.  The Neuro didn't feel comfortable with how M was feeling so she decided to admit us into the ER in Dallas.  Current plan is to do an EKG to check the heart and as well give M a bag of fluids.  M did take an anti-seizure med this evening after her 6th seizure and she has been a little better since, seizure wise, though still feeling like she is on the verge of having a seizure. 

Please pray that M will be okay and that we might be able to at least get an answer as to why she is feeling the way she is.  Additionally, we are still praying for M's seizures to go away.  Please pray that we will see results, TODAY! 

2 comments:

  1. Saddened to hear that M was admitted, and the very high heart rate. Praying for success with the diet change and quick resolution on the elevated heart rate, and of course most of all, for God's complete healing!!

    --Steven & Deanna King

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you each Thursday. I hope things are going better now. You are both inspiring that you are taking joy in the Lord when the things of this world are hard.

    Ben and Heather Scoggin

    ReplyDelete