And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Note from Connor's Mommy

Friday, December 25, 2009


joy journal

As Christmas approaches, I'm filled with mixed emotions. My family is joyously celebrating our Savior's birth and gratefully counting our blessings. As my heart sings in response to this wonderful time of celebration, it also aches for the one gift I want most and won't receive this Christmas - my Connor back with us healthy and whole. I feel like the spoiled child who says "If I can't have that, then I don't want anything at all." So, I approach this Christmas with trepidation. I'm not sure how we will get through the next few days, but I'm counting on God to get us through.


A couple weeks ago, Connor's Third Grade Class dedicated their Christmas choir performance to Connor. They also recited this poem "My First Christmas in Heaven" during the performance. Tonight, the kids and I talked about how Connor can wish Jesus a "Happy Birthday" in person this year. As we look back on 2009, we remember other family members who will be spending their first Christmas in Heaven, too. We will miss Papa Burt, Grandma Mann, Uncle Al and Aunt Loretta. I'm sure they are all having quite a celebration


My First Christmas in Heaven


I see the countless

Christmas trees

around the world below

With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,

reflecting on the snow


The sight is so spectacular,

please wipe away the tear

For I am spending Christmas with

Jesus Christ this year.


I hear the many Christmas songs

that people hold so dear

But the sounds of music can't compare

with the Christmas choir up here.


I have no words to tell you,

the joy their voices bring,

For it is beyond description,

to hear the angels sing.


I know how much you miss me,

I see the pain inside your heart.

But I am not so far away,

We really aren't apart.


So be happy for me, dear ones,

You know I hold you dear.

And be glad I'm spending Christmas

with Jesus Christ this year.


I sent you each a special gift,

from my heavenly home above.

I sent you each a memory

of my undying love.


After all, love is a gift more precious

than pure gold.

was always most important

the stories Jesus told.


Please love and keep each other,

my Father said to do.

I can't count the blessing or love

has for each of you.


So have a Merry Christmas and

Wipe away that tear

Remember, I am spending Christmas with

Jesus Christ this year


Please pray for us and the other families who have lost loved ones this year, like the Ledbetter and May family. Also, please pray for my cousin, Missy. She has cystic fibrosis and is 35 years old. She's in the hospital and not doing well at all. They are not sure if she will pull through this time.


Always believing,

Joy Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment