And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Overdue

Well, I've been told that we're overdue for an update. So sorry. Things have been crazy!

B has been studying like crazy for some exams/certifications that he has to take for work. Having a wife in the hospital made it hard for him to work, much less, get in all of the studying that he needed to do for these exams. He has not once complained, but just continued to love me. Wow! What a man!

I am still having seizures. Did you read that? I said "seizure." It's been so hard for me to change the word from "episode" to "seizure." However, the doc told me that I need to get used to it because I have epilepsy and it's a fact of life.

I will try to catch y'all up on all that has happened over the last few weeks. However, I won't do it all in one post. I'll try over the next week or so to get it all on here.

As of today, I have started a new medication. I'm still on the other one, but I was at almost double the highest dose ever studied and I still had around 25 seizures over the weekend. The doc said that is unacceptable. So, he started the new med today. Apparently, the two ways to change seizure meds are:

1. Quickly: They hospitalize you and pull you off the med you are on very quickly and quickly add the new one, but there are a lot of risks, which is why you are hospitalized.

2. Slowly: You very slowly add the new med. Once you reach the dose you need, then you slowly titrate off of the old med.

The doc chose option #2. So, we're looking at about three months of med changing....

I am so far past exhausted right now. We want to rejoice the days that I don't have many seizures, but the truth is that I still feel pretty yucky even when I'm not having them. I feel like I'm stuck in a constant state of nausea, dizziness, etc. So, I'm so ready for this to be over...

Hopefully, the new meds will make a real difference.

Your prayers are all so very special to me. Thank you!!

Praises:
*Short Term Disability was finally approved
*Long Term Disability was also approved

Prayers:
*That the seizures will end and I'll start to feel better quickly
*That we can get results with the lowest dose of meds possible
*That B will pass his test on Thursday with flying colors!! He deserves so much with all the sacrifices he has made for me through this.

5 comments:

  1. yea! glad to see that you're back in the blogworld!

    what a great blessing & great surprise it was to have ben drop by the hospital today! we have cups set up along the windowsill & russ has been having target practice with his slingshot--quite a site!

    M, glad to hear that you're having fewer seizures...i know the whole adjustment, med changes & ongoing symptoms must be somewhat overwhelming. we're praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to have specific prayer requests on how we can be lifting you up. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We of coarse will be praying...like always! Just like the other person commented on - it's nice to have specifics. And yay! Dissability approved! I'm sure that's a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will check often. We will pray, pray, pray. Love you girl.
    Love the title too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the updates! It was great to get to see you guys last Friday!

    Praise God for the resolution on the ST & LT Disability -- especially the ST appeal process. That's great news!

    We'll continue to pray for you both!! :)

    -Steven

    ReplyDelete