And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, March 10, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 84

Haylie update- Mar 7

It’s been a really good week! We have come so far in one week at our house. Yesterday hit a big milestone for us. I took the wheelchair out of the back of my car! It may not seem like a big thing, but it has been there for months because I never knew when she would need it. She is finally feeling well enough that I feel she can get by without it. Hallelujah!

Last week was a really tough one. Peanut came down with pneumonia a few weeks ago and we found out he had several abscess teeth, so he had dental surgery on Monday and had 13 teeth removed. It’s crazy to think that dogs get their teeth cleaned professionally, but it’s really a thing. Peanut had so much bacteria in his mouth that it was unsafe for him to be around Haylie. Michael said we just needed to pay for the surgery because it would be cheaper than therapy if Haylie couldn’t be around Peanut. πŸ˜œπŸ™ˆ Then on Wednesday Michael had surgery on his deviated septum to fix his nose that had been broken in high school. The surgery went well, it just took a few days to recover. I should have taken a picture on Wednesday, I had Haylie and Peanut asleep on one couch, and Michael on the other with all his bandages. I’ve had to be very careful not to mix medications since I have prescriptions for Haylie, Peanut and Michael all on the counter. I laughed when I picked up Michael’s and realized that he had the exact same painkiller as Peanut. 🀣 

Haylie is getting stronger everyday. She still has to learn her boundaries, but she really is doing great. She was so excited to go to a sweet friend’s birthday party last week. I have not seen her that excited in so long and she was so energetic. I drove her and a friend over, and the friends parents we’re going to drive them back. Haylie did not want me staying at the party, she wanted some freedom, which I understand, for a 12 year old who has had to have her mom by her side helping her for the last 9 months. She had a blast but completely ran out of energy and she started texting me to help. She doesn’t want anyone to know when she is crashing so it was hard for her since I wasn’t there. She was driven home, but couldn’t get out of the car, so we had to help her walk in and then carry her up the stairs. She ended up being down and couldn’t do much for 3 days. She did say it was totally worth it to be around friends and do normal things again. I think it was more than just being tired, I really think she was having side effects from the steroids she was on last week. We are extremely grateful she is doing so much better this week.

We had labs run at the hospital today and her levels came back really good! Her ANC is up to 1190! We were both thrilled that she just had labs, and no chemo today. Yay! She has also been working with the Children’s hospital’s media team to record videos for their Red Balloon network hospital channel. She was a co-anchor for the weekend broadcast that will air every weekend. She is also making a dog video with the therapy dogs at the hospital, like her Peanut videos. She got more footage of the dogs today so she can hopefully edit it this week. I’ll post that video also when it is complete. πŸ˜‰

Lastly, I wanted to share a little from my bible study this morning. It was so good and I hope it can bless someone today. I’ve been studying about the Armor of God and today was on the peace of God.
“Anytime you feel worry or anxiety creeping into your heart, take it as your cue to turn your attention to God. Pray. Trust Him. Be grateful. And watch His peace - a peace you cannot even begin to explain- swell in your experience. Then your feet will be fitted with the shalom of God. “ Priscilla Shirer

May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thess 3:16.

Amen! Thank you for the continued prayers for healing, strength and perseverance for our family. He has given us amazing peace during a difficult time in our life, and we really believe He will use Haylie’s story for good. Love you all.

Bye bye wheelchair!

My biggest patient.

Recovery can be tough

The director in action with the therapy dogs. They are much more well behaved than Peanut. 😜

More video footage for her film.

No comments:

Post a Comment