And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update from Wes on Nate

"Praise God for HE is an awesome God. The final report on today's MRI is clear, no detectable cancer in the brain or spine. We rejoice in this and thank all of you for the prayers. There are a couple of twists the doctor told us today that we have to overcome before proceeding with the transplant. The first is Nate's numbers have to recover and relatively soon. He has been at an overall number of 0, essentially a very low immune system, for over a week now. If it were not for the fact that he is on heavy antibiotics continuously here in the hospital to clear his infection, he would not be able to fight off other infections at this time. He received so much chemo a couple of weeks ago to get rid of the brain cancer that it wrecked his immune system and counts. We are getting into a very dangerous area if it does not come up by this weekend the doctor said. The other hurdle is the need for a clear lumbar puncture, which can't be performed until his numbers come up. The lumber puncture is what caught the cancer last time, without a clear one, treatment halts and we could go home. I know that was a lot to say, but for today the fight stays on track and we have much to rejoice in. I have to be honest, I was worried about today. Nate had been complaining about things he had complained about in the past that showed up on MRIs as tumor, but God had mercy on him and us. I have a strong belief in the abilities of God, many times I am confused on why and where all of this is going but I know that HE is the one in control. I know we have a long way to go and possibly might have to go through things that have never been attempted before, but I feel at peace today and I truly stand in a healthy fear of the LORD, for all of us are in HIS hands and HE can choose to do with us as HE pleases whether we realize or accept it, and as odd as it sounds, that is just fine with me because I believe HE has some awesome things in store ahead and this is all just part of the plan. May you find strength in knowing Jesus as your friend also and not just your Savior, you will need HIM one day to help you in ways that no one else can, God bless you all. Wes"

No comments:

Post a Comment