And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, August 27, 2010

From Connor's Mommy

Thursday, August 26, 2010

JOySuffering has also created in me a special yearning for my Heavenly Home.  I think we all have a sense of Heaven, but suffering brings Heaven to the forefront of our hearts and minds.
 
Even Connor had a special yearning for his Real home. In the spring of '08, Connor informed me that he wanted to go home (as we're sitting in our family room).  I said, "We are home, silly".  He said, "no, my real home.  God is my Heavenly Father, so Heaven is my real home."  I said, "You're right, but are you really ready to go home now?"  He smiled and answered, "not yet, Mommy.  I'm not ready yet."  At the time, I wondered if that was some kind of foreshadowing.  I was praying that it wasn't some kind of warning or preparation that God was using to get me ready for Connor's home-going.  As I see it now, God was preparing Connor's heart for his eternal home.
 
Tait and I often said that Connor always knew that he was just passing through this place on his way HOME. He never slept in his own room.  He slept with MacKenzie when he was really young and then Carson when he got older.  He gave his money to Carson to put in his piggy bank, so they could share their money.  He never collected baseball cards or special items.  He would always give them away.  Connor and Carson shared their clothes and closet.  I think the closer he got to his Home-going, the more he yearned for it and had a true sense of it.
 
Carrie Underwood has a new song out, called "My Temporary Home".  From her lyrics, I can tell that she gets it, too.
 
Little boy, 6 years old
A little too used to bein' alone
Another new mom and dad, another school
Another house that'll never be home
When people ask him how he likes this place He looks up and says with a smile upon his face
 
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going I'm not afraid because I know this is my Temporary Home."
 
Young mom on her own
She needs a little help got nowhere to go She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out Because a half-way house will never be a home At night she whispers to her baby girl Someday we'll find a place here in this world
 
Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face"
 
"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through This was just a stop, on the way To where I'm going I'm not afraid because I know this was My temporary home."
 
This is our temporary home.  Thank you, Lord, for making it possible for us to have a permanent Home with you in Heaven.
 
Always believing,
Joy Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment