And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 103

Haylie update - August 6

I just wanted to give a quick update and say thank you to everyone for your prayers. Haylie is doing so much better. The steroids are finally getting out of her system and life is getting back to normal. We had a great weekend with family in Houston celebrating Michael’s birthday. Saturday was a great day with cousins, swimming, playing and even Top Golf.

Today we reached a huge milestone! She made it back on the field for her first soccer practice since she was diagnosed. I almost cried as we drove up and she took off running to the field. I honestly haven’t seen her actually run in several months. We have waited for this day for a long time. She did so good! I fully expected her to have to sit out for most of practice but she fought through it and stayed the entire time. She is getting stronger everyday. I’m excited to see the great things in store for her this year. God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment