And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, July 27, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 102

Haylie update - July 27
Yay! Haylie is home from Camp Esperanza! We picked her up yesterday. I just love this girl’s stories and perspective. If only I could post them all. 🤣
We went straight from the bus to the hospital to start her chemo. She really is a trooper.
Last night after telling me most of her funny experiences she started telling me some of the serious ones. Bless every child that has had to go through cancer. One kid had to get airlifted back from camp to the ER and is currently in the hospital now. Then she told me about the memorial service they had for campers that had passed away this year. One of the girls that Haylie was transported back from camp to the hospital for a blood transfusion last year, that she made friends with, was one of the kids that didn’t make it. She had leukemia also. Most kids complain about the food and crafts and these kids have to deal with real loss. We cried a bit and I was able to tell her that she has a different perspective on life now and she will truly be able to live a full life with the right perspective. No more stressing on the small stuff that really doesn’t matter. I pray for total healing for all these kids and for a cure for cancer.






No comments:

Post a Comment