And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 99

Haylie update - June 24

Today Haylie finished her last day of her 5 days of her hospital chemo. Yay! We are so thankful to be done with this round. It started out a little shaky when the nurse missed her port on the first day...again. That is the 5th time that her port was missed. 🤦🏽‍♀️. Thankfully another one of our favorite nurses stepped in and accessed it right away. Haylie decided to leave her port in because she was pretty sore for the first 4 days. This proved to be a challenge every night when she wanted it out to sleep, but turned into a positive every morning when she didn’t have to be accessed again and again.
Her body continues to get stronger! She has tolerated the nelarabine (chemo) really well with round. Thank you everyone for the prayers. Her bloodwork looked great on Thur. The good news is she won’t have to take the steroids this month because she had the 5 straight days of chemo. We are hopeful that this will be her best feeling month yet and we can really enjoy summer.

She started physical therapy last Wednesday to try and get some of her strength back. She is still struggling in some areas, but I can’t tell you how much better she is today than 2 months ago. God is good and continues to go before us. She has taught me so much. I think I’ve learned more this year about life than in my last 15. She wanted to eat dinner on the fancy China and I figured why not! Before, I probably would have said no because I didn’t want to wash it all and I would have missed a fun family memory. Better enjoy some of the fun things in life now so you don’t look back and regret not really living. Make time for family and friends and tell people how much you love and appreciate them.

Facebook has done a great job of reminding me of what was happening everyday last year. A year ago I was rejoicing that I finally was able to get back to the hospital after being out sick and then having to have my emergency surgery. Man, June was a tough month on us last year.
I was also reminded of the way friends, family and our community loved on us during that time to get us through. We are so incredibly blessed. Thank you everyone for supporting and praying us through our journey. Haylie still has over a year of chemo treatments left, but I continue to stand in awe as I look back and see how far we have come.
#HealingForHaylie

Getting started on day 1 this round

Finishing day 2

Our sterile face

Our little helper

Dr Leavy!

Working on her balance

Eating dinner on the fancy China just for fun

No comments:

Post a Comment