And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 95

Haylie update- May 23

They just took Haylie back for a spinal tap at 10:54. We have been waiting here since 8:00am and she has gotten so hungry since she hasn’t had anything to eat or drink since last night before she went to bed. She will have her chemo treatment and we will start steroids again tonight. Please pray this round goes much better than last month. She was just starting to get her energy back and get back to doing normal things.

She just got out and I’m sitting here in recovery with her. She usually asks for food when she first wakes up but for some reason she is giving me science facts today. 😂. I have been told that hermit crabs change their shells as they get bigger, and star nosed moles have whiskers, and some brown bears can be white. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can’t even remember what the other facts were. I ran down the hall to get her some apple juice and the nurse just told me that Haylie said she wishes she was a cat because her parents wouldn’t pay for chemo therapy for a cat and she hates chemo. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry with that comment. Maybe both. I’m certainly glad she is my sweet girl and such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment