And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 80

Haylie update- Feb 11

We are so close now. One more Erwinaze chemo shot on Wednesday and we are done with delayed intensification! We got Haylie’s blood counts back and the good news is her body has started to make platelets again. Yay! Her platelets were at 94 today so no platelet transfusion needed. She has always started making platelets earlier than when the doctors have said her body would. However her hemoglobin has fallen and is at 8.5, which is borderline. He doctor wanted to go ahead and give her a blood transfusion today, but Haylie was adamant that she didn’t need one and her body will make more by Wednesday. We agreed to wait so she won’t have to get her port accessed. So no blood transfusion today since she will be checked again on Wednesday.

Unfortunately her ANC, which is her immunity indicator, has fallen down to 20. 😬😳. We will continue to wear her mask and be secluded from everyone until it comes back up. I think it should start making its comeback any day now.

We are so close to the end of this last rough phase we can almost touch the finish line. The countdown has begun, and the celebration plans are taking place. She just took her 2 chemo shots, so now we wait for an hour to make sure there is no reaction and then we get to go home. She is using this time to work on homework and I had some time to write this post so it’s been a good day. I just hope I can get her to eat something today. She has been so nauseous and thrown up so many times over the weekend. She has barely eaten anything for the last 3 days. Looks like I’ll be stopping at the grocery store to get some steaks for tonight since she always eats that. Doctors said she needed to eat food high in protein and fat so I think steak is the perfect meal to get her levels up. 😁 
 
On a fun note, we ran into one of Haylie’s friends from cancer camp this morning. It’s always fun to see friends. When her levels come back up, she is looking forward to seeing many more friends soon.
#HealingForHaylie

Getting her shots

Working on schoolwork

Her friend Toni

Happy girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment