And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Quick update...turned long!!

Just a quick update that I have only had one seizure in the month of October!!!  As well, the last 10 days of September, I only had three seizures!!! 

However, the first 2/3 of the month, I had 69 seizures.  Which means, it was my third worst month of the year.  However, it was the first 20 days that were yucky.  Then, we went back to the doc in CO and she recommended that I go back to exactly how I was in August.  That meant increasing my dose of one of the meds that I'm on...they say that it's harder to get off of these meds, approved by the FDA, than meth.  Thus, it will take about two years for me to get off of it and so I want to hurry!!  Yet, she had me go back to the dose I was on and stick with it for at least a month. 

As well, I had a UTI that wouldn't go away.  Thus, I had to do two rounds of antibiotics.  Two days after I got off of the antibiotics, the seizures backed off for me.  We read the Package Insert on the meds and they say to not take them if you have seizures.  Oops!!  We all learned something there!!! 

So, the truth is that in the last 22-23 days, I have only had 4 seizures!!  WOW!!  All Praise to the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ!!!  Now, do I feel normal or better or whatever the question might be?  I want to quote a teen from the Epilepsy Foundation, 'How do you answer the question, "How are you feeling" when you've forgotten what normal feels like?'




So, I may not remember what normal feels like.  I guess that can be good or bad.  I would love to say that I'm choosing to see the good in it.  However, I still have this image of what a perfect wife and mother are, and I'm not those things!  Ben was sweet last night in his encouragement to Pierson because she said she didn't want to go to school because one of the boys is mean to her.  He told her that we've all had someone be mean to us at school or work, yet that doesn't mean we quit.  He gave her the example of Mommy and you know how bad Mommy feels when she's having seizures, yet she doesn't quit, she relies on the Lord to be her strength.  She keeps loving us and doing things for us and because of this many more people are talking to Jesus!!  He had me in tears because I don't know of anyone that's talking to Jesus more. 

I haven't seen the good in this.  Other than the fact that our Congressman, John Ratcliffe, co-sponsored HR 1635, the Charlotte's Web Hemp Exemption Act.  This removes hemp from the Controlled Substances Act on a federal level.  We have 58 co-sponsors now (Praise the Lord) and need at least 100 for it to go to vote on the floor of the house.  Right now, it is in committee, which means it sits!!  As Paige Figi, Mom of Charlotte stated, "this bill needed to be approved yesterday!" 

Hemp and Marijuana are not the same thing and so many people are confused by this.  Let's take the species canine, you can have a dachshund, a rottweiler, a wolf, or a fox!!  Are you ever going to get a fox if you breed a rottweiler?  NO!!  Same with hemp and marijuana, they are of the same species, cannabaceae, yet they are different breeds!!  Hemp is very high in CBD and had less than .3%THC; whereas, marijuana has greater than 25% THC.  Clear difference.  The other thing we learned is that THC actually has to be heated in order for it to be psychoactive (the negative that we hear about marijuana)!!

So, if there are over 129 conditions that hemp/CBD help to treat, are you for it, as well?!  The problem is that during prohibition, it got thrown under the label of marijuana, rather than truly looking at the species vs. breed.

Interruption...clearly, this isn't a quick update anymore.... ; )

So, if you are for it, you can go to www.coalitionforaccessnow.org and send a letter to your congressman asking them to "co-sponsor" HR 1635 or call them.  You can add text to the form letter that they've written for you on the site and tell our story, if you feel so led.  If they will meet with you, please let me know and I'll do my best to be there and share an example and tell God's story!!

So, those that know me best, know that I'm a rule follower to a 'T!'  Thus, we need to make this a federal "rule" that hemp is no longer part of the Controlled Substances Act.  It can't even be in clinical studies because it's a controlled substance!!

We have seen so many benefits coming from a plant that God created....

Psalm 104:29-31
29 You hide Your face, they are dismayed;
You take away their spirit, they expire
And return to their dust.
30 You send forth Your Spirit, they are created;
And You renew the face of the ground.
31 Let the glory of the Lord endure forever;
Let the Lord be glad in His works;

Genesis 50:20-21
20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive. 21 So therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones.” So he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.

Thus, many use THC for evil, yet God means it for good.  It is one of the only medications/plants that can help someone to get off of these yucky meds.  

So, this long update to say, please go to www.coalitionforaccessnow.org and you can either enter your e-mail, or you can print the letter and take it to your Congressman, or you can call your Congressman's office.  For those of you that are in District 4 or that just want to say thank you!  Please take the time to thank Congressman John Ratcliffe for supporting the Charlotte's Web Hemp Exemption Act (HR 1635)!!  His DC phone # is 202-225-6673 or his Rockwall office is 972-771-0100.  

Thank you all for bringing glory to the Lord through the healing of His children!!

Please continue to pray that I find my worth as a mother, wife, woman, etc.  As well, pray for many more seizure free days and many more days of being able to decrease the meds!!!  Thank you each for your precious interest in our family!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment