And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Honesty

It's time to be honest...

I'm so frustrated, yet trying to trust.

The truth:  At the beginning of this prayer weekend, I didn't really expect much.  Then, I didn't have a headache after the treatment!!  I still argued with myself that it was only because they ran the infusion slower.  I still had a bunch of seizures, so it couldn't have been answered prayers.  Right?

Then, the seizures backed off...I went from six one day to only two the next, then NONE!  Hmmm...is this just a coincidence or is God really answering prayers?!?!

B and I spent some good time on Sunday talking about faith and what it really means to trust the Lord!

Isaiah 42:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (NIV)

Sunday was a precious day as I got to feel like a Mommy for the first time.  It was so special!  I was able to hold P for about 20 minutes in church and feed her.  So, there was an answer to your prayers!!!

This week has continued to provide me with at least one opportunity each day to be her Mommy!  I've loved it!!!  She is such a little giggle box and smiley girl!!  It brings me so much joy.  More prayers answered!!!

The migraine hit on Monday.  I still had a little bit of it this morning, but it seems to have subsided today!!!  So, Lord willing, there will be no migraine at all following this next treatment.

The seizures have increased again...I had six yesterday!!!  ; (  So, please keep those prayers coming.  I have a treatment tomorrow (Thursday).  Please pray for no more seizures and no more headaches...Your sacrificial hearts amaze me!  Thank you!!

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.  By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.
By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.” For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.  And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.    Hebrews 11:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment