And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

From Connor's Mommy

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

JOyI've been having a hard time sitting down at the computer to write this next entry. I've been trying for a week now. I'm trying so hard to write something uplifting and inspirational, but I just come up empty. My mind is so saturated with memories of Connor's last few weeks. A year ago tomorrow, we flew home from Guatemala for the last time. Painful memories. From May until July 10, every day leads me back to where we were a year ago. I guess it's just going to be this way for awhile. Instead of lingering on my difficult times, I thought I would leave you with a new song by Matthew West. It's called "Save a Place for Me." It says exactly what I feel.

Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

I have asked the question why
But I guess the answer's for another time So instead I'll pray with every tear And be thankful for the time I had you here And I wanna live my life just like you did Make the most of my time just like you did And I wanna make my home up in the sky Just like you did Oh, but until I get there Until I get there

Save a place for me!

On a different note, thanks to all our TeamConnor friends and supporters who made our CT Relay Run and our III Forks Golf tournament and Dinner a success. You guys are the BEST!

Always believing,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment