And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, May 10, 2010

How You Can Love on Nate & his family

This is from their neighborhood HOA. Everything in Red is from me!

**********************************

I've had a lot of e-mails asking how Nate is doing and how you can help.....

I just spoke with Jackie and wanted to keep everyone updated. The reality is that Nate has been given 2 weeks. His doctor pretty much sent him home and said to make an appt with hospice.

Wes and Jackie are not giving up. Wes is already in California and Jackie is flying out in the morning, although Nate is not a candidate for stem cell, they still want to try other options. They will be trying a different type of chemo to see what happens.

I have come up with a couple of different ways we can help as a community. I know many of you have already helped and donated and I thank you very much, but they need our help now more than ever and I know we can dig a little bit deeper to bless them.

I spoke with the city of Fate and what we can do is put money towards their water bill, when you go pay your bill in downtown Fate, you can put any amount towards their home. How wonderful would it be for them to have one less bill to worry about. Just mention Jacob (Wes) Oxford, their address is (I am not comfortable giving their address. So, call me or leave a comment on the blog, if you want to do this and I'll share it with you).

Another way you can help is to bless them with an offering, there is an account that was originally opened through Washington Mutual, now Chase, and the account # is 4942119193.
This acct is under Jacqueline M. Oxford FBO Nathan E. Oxford.

I hold this family very close to my heart and it really hurts to see them go through this, so please make any small donation that you can, I can't imagine being in their shoes.

Meals will not be necessary at the time since they will be in California for at least 3 weeks if everything goes as planned. We already have someone donating their time to mow their yard and clean their home (Thank you).

I thank you in advance and please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll respond to the best of my knowledge.

*****************

Thank you all for always checking in to see how Nate is doing and your willingness to pray for him! Now you get a chance to truly love on them!! Yeah! Thank you, Lord, for opening the door for us to love on the Oxford's. Please heal your sweet child, Nate!

No comments:

Post a Comment