And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Where's the beef?



Just a quick note to let you all know that we have found one of my seizure triggers.............

BEEF!!!

Can you believe it? We thought it was a trigger, but chose to not believe it. I love beef too much...I just didn't believe it could really be a seizure trigger.

So, April was one of my best months ever. I was only averaging about 2 seizures per day. Thus, I decided it was time to try beef again....

In the 17 days prior to eating it, I only had 34 seizures. In the 7 days since I ate the beef, I've had 33. So, it's time to say goodbye to the beef.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Meredith! So sorry you can't eat beef :( But so glad you realized that it may be a trigger---that's great! I guess you just constantly have to play the "elimination game". We are praying for you guys and that you will continue to have fewer of those darn seizures. Thank you so much for using your hardship for others' encouragement, especially us. You are so sweet to always comment and follow our blog...I am so thankful for your friendship and your prayers. Love you so much! Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you have at least a partial answer! I'm sorry that it is something that you enjoy, but praise God for fewer seizueres!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried organic beef -- sans steroids, hormones, antibiotics, etc.?

    Does that mean anything for dairy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to at leat narrow it down to something! Buffalo perhaps? I continue to pray for you guys! much love!

    ReplyDelete