And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, April 17, 2009

Update from Connor's Mom

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Connor received his second dose of cetuximab on Tuesday. He has a couple spots on his legs, but no major rash. Still praying for that. I'm hoping this second dose will bring on the rash. Maybe the tumor has absorbed all the cetuximab and there is none left over for the skin to make a rash?? Also, his chemo is not lowering his counts too much, so that's a praise!

WE had a trip to the ER last night for problems with his feeding"button." We were afraid it had been pulled loose, but an x-ray proved that everything is still intact. He is just extremely sore from the big yank to the button Wednesday morning. The button is leaking on theoutside, so Connor is not getting all his nutrients. PLEASE PRAY WE GET THESE ISSUES WORKED OUT. I'm tired of the pain he is experiencing from it, and he needs the nutrients from the feeding at night, so he doesn't lose any more weight.

1. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR CHRISTIE'S PRAYER REQUESTS FOR EACHMEMBER OF THE FAMILY. (VERY INSIGHTFUL)

2. PRAY FOR RASH OR THIS DRUG TO WORK TO SHRINK THE TUMOR (OR AT LEASTSTOP IT)

3. PROTECTION FOR HIS ORGANS FROM THIS TUMOR

4. FEEDING TUBE ISSUES TO BE WORKED OUT

5. STRENGTH AND STAMINA, PEACE OF MIND

6. COMPLETE HEALING ON EARTH

7. OUR ABILITY TO BE STRONG IN OUR FAITH AND SHARE GOD'S LOVE TO THOSE WE MEET ON THIS JOURNEY

We will be heading to Oklahoma Sunday for my Grandmother's funeral. She passed away this morning in her sleep at the age of 95. She was a pastor's wife and I will always remember her playing the piano at church and singing duets (beautiful old hymns) with my mom. Her nickname was Zip (real name was Zilpha) because she was always "zipping" around. WE are praising the Lord that she is at home with our Heavenly Father now.

Our Bible Study studied the book of Job last week, and as you can guess, many of the verses hit home with me. Often times, we want to know the meaning/purpose behind our trials, just like Job did. When Connor is experiencing pain or is not able to participate in simple activities with his friends, I will admit that I struggle with the unfairness of it all. It really seems so much for a child to bear (for half his life - the only part that he really remembers).

I like this quote from Alfred Edersheim. "We cannot understand the meaning of man's trials; God does not explain them. To explain a trial would be to destroy its objective, which is that of CALLING FORTH SIMPLE FAITH AND IMPLICIT OBEDIENCE. If we knew why the Lord sent us this or that trial, it would thereby cease to be a trial either of FAITH OR PATIENCE."

Sometimes, all we can do is rest in His Sovereignty (which is very difficult at times). How does the knowledge of God's providence help us? We can be patient when things go against us, thankful when things go well, and for the future we can have good confidence in our faithful God and Father that nothing will separate us from His love.

JC Ryle explains it this way. "This only we may be assured of, that if tomorrow brings a cross, He who sends it can and will send grace to bear it." I guess at one time or another, we are all called to share in the suffering of Christ. This Easter season has definitely reminded me of that.

Thanks for your faithful prayers. Please keep our friends, Cody, Caden, and Carson, in your prayers as they continue to fight their own battles against cancer.

Still believing,

Joy Cruse

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful comments and prayers...we value and appriciate them ,as I am sure you know. I did go back and look at your staple removal..I will try to encourage Andy to be brave, but we already know he is.
    Thanks again for being a new "friend I have never met".

    ReplyDelete