And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, October 30, 2023

I Love You & I'm Sorry!

In twenty years of marriage, we’ve learned that I Love You and I’m sorry are two of the most important phrases you can use each and every day!  For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).  So, that means that every single one of us messes up.  It doesn’t matter how right we think we are, because ALL have sinned.  God is the only perfect parent.  Jesus is the only perfect one in a relationship.  B & I have each learned this.  Love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8).  However, that doesn’t mean that I keep trying to sin because I think I’m right.  Saying, "I’m sorry," and meaning it are two different things.  We have also learned this in our marriage.  Just to say I’m sorry & not know what I’m sorry for, is just talk, not truth.  We each take the time to hear what we’ve done to hurt the other, process it, and then apologize.  Wow!!

In 45 years of life, I got to hear these words for the first time from someone that matters, but that I’ve never heard it from…My birth dad.  Yep, when I was sixteen I reached out to him because I had not seen him since I was four.  I said, “does it not matter to you that I’m your daughter?”  He said, “my daughter is a sweet little four year old and she’s dead to me.”  Ouch!!!  So, I was dead to my birth dad.  However, this year, we started to speak again.  This month, I asked him about those words.  He said, “I’m sorry.  I never should have said that.  I should have asked to get off the phone.”  He then asked for forgiveness again.  Wow!  There is so much healing in that phrase: I’m sorry! 

Then, last weekend, I got to hear him say, “Happy Birthday,” for the first time in 45 years!  Wow!!!!  How special! 

Thank you, Jesus, for forgiveness and love!!!



....and for flowers from your Dad!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment