And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

#HealingForHaylie-Post 75

Haylie update- Dec 31

We have had a few ups and downs since my last update, but mostly ups. We had a great Christmas with family and overall Haylie has done fantastic considering all things. She wanted two things for Christmas, to have hair and to not spend it in the hospital. We got both, so we are extremely thankful.
She was back on steroids for 7 more days, and it was a little rough, but her body handled them far better than last time. She took her last high dose steroid on Friday and we did rejoice. She had a checkup appointment on Thursday and her levels came back great! Even better than we were expecting. Her ANC was 3220! God is good! Because it had been so low over Christmas our doctor told us we needed to stay home and not go out anywhere. After staying home for a week, she was ready to get out so we celebrated by going to the Cheesecake Factory. She had been craving the Cheesecake Factory for days and it was great to finally get to go. We tried to go on Thursday night, but she crashed and was just too tired so Haylie and I got to go have a mommy/daughter day on Friday. The steroids make her so hungry...like nothing I’ve ever seen. She seems to only think of food. She would wake up in the middle of the night with stomach pains begging for food. One night at 3am she asked me how early she could get up for breakfast. 😂. When she eats one meal, she is constantly asking what we are having for the next meal and when it will be. Usually she asks this about 20 mins after eating the previous meal. 😳. Her texts are so funny because they are almost always about food. I’m going to include a screen shot of the last text. It just cracks me up. While at the Cheesecake Factory she was eating her food and she told me that “Happiness comes on a plate when you are on steroids.” This girl, I love her sense of humor.

Yesterday was a little rough. She is coming off the steroids and her whole body just hurts...really bad. I can’t even put my hand on her back or shoulders to hug her without her being in pain. At least this time we know what is happening. Last time I didn’t understand what was going on and why she was in so much pain. While I still don’t like it, I know that it must run its course and she will be ok. It lasted about 3 days last time so we have 2 days left, maybe less. She was running a slight fever yesterday which scared me. Thank you to all our prayer warriors would began to pray. Her fever broke, so we didn’t have to head back to the hospital. Thank you Jesus!

Her hair began to fall out again so that has been a little tough for her. She kept it far longer than the doctors said she would so we are thankful for the extra time with hair. We know that it will come back, but it is hard because she was just getting her confidence up to go out to places and not be starred at. It’s tough as a mom because I see the people look at her too. They don’t mean it in a bad way, but it still hurts her to stand out as so different. She will be a stronger person for this in the long run, but it’s still hard right now.

As we end 2018, we have so much to be thankful for. I look back and realize 2018 was a good year. It certainly wasn’t an easy one, but I can see so much growth in all of our family. I know I’m a stronger person now. My eyes have been opened to the bigger picture. I don’t let all the little things bother me so much anymore. I don’t take things for granted anymore. I’m more appreciative of people and all that they have done for us. We have such amazing friends and family. My faith has been strengthened and I’ve seen how God has taken care of us and carried us along the way. He is a faithful God and has never left me but has held me tighter this year. I trust Him even more now. I’m looking forward to what 2019 and God has in store for us. Many blessings to you all. May God’s favor bless you in this next year.
#HealingForHaylie




https://www.facebook.com/melissa.m.geraci/videos/10215086251004491/
Happiness comes on a plate when you are on steroids. -Haylie 🤣






No comments:

Post a Comment