And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, December 7, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 72

Haylie update - Dec 6

I’ve kind of taken a Facebook break for the last 2 weeks. Today we are back in the hospital to start the 4th phase of treatment, delayed intensification. We are sitting here waiting for her blood counts before she can get her spinal tap and begin chemo. This phase will be a lot more intense than the last one so we are trying to prepare ourselves. We tried to get all the fun Christmas stuff done early while we were off for the 2 weeks, in case Haylie isn’t able to get out much in the coming weeks. We had fun, but man did those 2 weeks go by fast. I’m thankful that yesterday Haylie’s sweet teacher opened her classroom for Haylie to get to have lunch with some of her friends at school. It meant so much for Haylie to see her friends again. we also had a chance to go see ICE and get our pictures with Santa. The kids also wanted to have a fancy dinner on our China so we did. They set everything up and we decided we should celebrate more often. 

Although the timing isn’t the best for this phase (being over Christmas) we are excited that this is the last bad phase. We even got a calendar with her last Erwinaze shot listed. That is very exciting to us. It is still 8 weeks away, but we are thankful.

I was trying to text my parents and Michael’s parents the other day when a text message popped up that I never sent. It was a great reminder for me that I needed to see at the time. I was sitting in the ICU and the doctor had just told us how bad Haylie was and how long the treatment would be when I wrote it. It would have been June 1st. It was a lot for me to handle at the time. So much was unknown. I look back now and see how God has gone before us and answered so many desperate prayers. Here is the text message...

“Sometimes I think God is giving me more than I can handle. We just met with oncology. She has T-cell ALL leukemia. It is the worst kind. They have to be way more aggressive with it so she will get much more chemo and drugs to fight it than those patients with the other types. We need prayers and a miracle. We will definitely be in the hospital for at least a month and treatments for min of 2 years. This is a chance for God to show up big.”

God has shown up big for us and has brought us so far. We have so much to be thankful for. Please keep us in your prayers as we begin this next phase. Love you all.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or troubled for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
#HealingForHaylie









No comments:

Post a Comment