And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Fourteen Years of Blessing!!!

Today is the day to celebrate 14 years of a man honoring his commitment to the Lord!!

Who has received the ultimate blessing of that commitment?...Me!!!

Yes, this is M posting!!!!  For some reason, the Lord has chosen to keep me here and now I get to thank my Man for being so incredible!!!

My prince has stood by my side in the good & bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness & in health (though we've not had too much of the health part).  It amazes me how many people say that most husbands would be gone by now.  However, when we got married, there was a good part of me that believed he would disappear like every other man in my life...yet, a few weeks ago, (I'm crying now) he said, "I hope that I've proven you wrong, that all men do not leave.  I'm here 'til death do us part."  What an amazing man!  You have all experienced how amazing he is over the last two months.  Yet, I missed most of July and keep learning of all of the amazing things he did for me.  Many are things that are embarrassing to think that my hubby had to do those things, yet he acts like it was natural, expected, no big deal...it was a big deal because to do those things and be that husband means he saw parts of me that as ladies we try to keep hidden to feel attractive, it means he didn't get to work for almost two months, it means that he missed his annual mtg for work, it means that we missed T Bar M family camp, it means he sacrificed himself to give to me and take care of me and Critter!!!  It means that he's not even mentioned how awful my hair looks since I don't have too much left with all that had to be cut off and he tells me it's beautiful!!!  Even the sweet lady that does our hair was a bit thrown off with what to do at first.  Yet, he's not even posted a pic of what he has to look at each day so that you can all feel sorry for him!!!

Coming home to love on our girl and make it about Jesus, not himself!!!


Do I feel blessed?  Absolutely!!!  Thank you, Jesus, for this man that you and your Daddy chose for me!!!  I am beyond grateful!!!


Ephesians 5:1-3; 20-33 (NIV)

Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.

always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Instructions for Christian Households

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her  to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.  After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.  However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.



This is my man...every single thing that you read above.  He takes his commitment so seriously.  I am so blessed!!

The truth is that our pastor puts it best in today's devo that he sent out!!!  So, I'll let him finish this post for me!!

- LOVING LIKE JESUS -
By the nature of the cross, sacrifice includes suffering. You cannot make a sacrifice without suffering. In the Garden of Gethsemane on the night before His death, Jesus prayed, “Let this cup pass from Me.” He would have preferred not to do it, but then He said, “Not as I will, but as You will” (Matthew 26:39). Out of love for us, Jesus went to the cross and stayed there even when He didn’t have to.

Suffering out of love for your wife will mean dying to yourself. And real love means you do it even when your wife’s virtues don’t motivate you to do it. We can’t say, “Get right first, and then I’ll love you.” God’s love doesn’t work that way, and neither should ours. God tells husbands to imitate Christ’s love, and this means dying to self just as Christ did.


Loving your wife like Christ loves the church also involves substitution. In baseball, a designated hitter gets in the game to hit for the pitcher so that the team can protect the pitcher, the more valuable player, from injury. In the same way, a husband should go to bat for his wife, protecting and valuing her.
For His kingdom,
Tony Evans

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Princess! It is my privilege and joy! Lord willing, many more to come!

    ReplyDelete