And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, September 4, 2015

Rough Day/Week

I must start by saying that we have had some great weeks!!  Praise the Lord!!!

My seizures went from 22/wk at the end of July, to 9/wk, to 0/ wk, to 1/wk.  I actually went 16 days without a seizure!!!  All Praise to the only ONE that can heal me, Jesus!!  Last week, I had three Auras, still a huge improvement over where we were.  After that, I still went three days without a seizure.

However, now we are already at 7 for this week, that's just in the last 3 days.  I know it's part of getting off of the medicine, yet it's not fun!!  These are probably what's referred to as withdraw seizures.  Thus, my body is so used to this medicine (that we've learned is harder to get off of than meth, yet the FDA approves it) that it doesn't know how to function without it.  It is one of the strongest meds out there, yet it wasn't doing the trick.  However, Charlotte's has brought so much healing!!!  It's been incredible to have the longest days ever without seizures!!!

The kicker to having days without seizures (though I'll take as many as I can get) is that when I have one, it's as if my endurance level has to start all over.  When I start to have 5/day, I get used to that.  However, when I have 1/day and then have 5 one day.  That day with five is exhausting.  Thus, the pure exhaustion.  To go 16 days without seizures and then to have one, wore me out.  Much less to have as few as I had in the last 25+ days and then all of a sudden, have a bunch each day and two within three hours of waking this morning.

They say it should take about two years for me to get off of this yucky med and then another year to get off of the other med (and there might be an alternation of which one we drop).  So, there is no quick fix and these meds are so addictive vs. Charlotte's.  Thus, I have three years ahead of me (unless the Lord chooses to speed it up for some reason) before I am completely off of pharmaceutical meds, which are causing so many negative side effects!!

So, will you pray?  Pray that these seizures stop and that I am able to get off of these pharmaceuticals with wisdom.  Please pray that I am able to spend good, quality time with Miss P.  This morning, she wanted to play with Mommy so badly before breakfast and I had a seizure with her sitting right here and had no energy to follow.  It's so hard!!



Romans 5:3-5New International Version



Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.




2 Corinthians 12:7-10 NIV



So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment