And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, December 8, 2011

FIVE

 Praise the Lord, blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in His commands. Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD!! Psalm 112: 1,6-7

We're here!  The big F-I-V-E!!  It's the mark that they tell you to hold out for...we no longer have to say "No Evidence of Disease."  Now, we are allowed to say that he's in "Remission!"  Can I get a Praise Jesus?  Yes, today is the day that we celebrate because Five Years Ago today, the doc told us that B was cancer free!! 

Though today is a day of celebration, it means so much more for me.  It is a day that reminds me of how much I adore this man the Lord has blessed me with for the last eight plus years (I want at least another 90+)!!!  This man constantly denies himself to serve others.  Just as his shirt read that he wore to each chemo appointment, "Not I, but Christ!"  That is B, constantly seeking ways to take the attention off of himself and focus on others and how to bring glory to our Lord!!  Having cancer never had anything to do with him, but with others.  How could he glorify the Lord and serve others?  That was his goal!!!



I'll put some links in here to try to make the post short, but if you want to glance back at the journey, you can follow the links.

The original blog
September 11, 2006-The day B was diagnosed.
December 8, 2006-The day we found out he was cancer FREE
December 11th-one of our sweet friends ran the White Rock Marathon (pregnant) for Ben

So, the point of this post is to just shout out praises to the Lord!!

I am so grateful that the Lord  created this man and placed him in my life.  I can't (and don't want to) imagine life without him and the daily challenge that he provides (with no words, but actions) in my daily walk with the Lord!!  Thank you, Lord, for healing B and allowing even more people to meet him and be blessed by him.  May you always get the glory, Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment