And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, July 19, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 40

Haylie update - July 19

Haylie had her spinal tap this morning and she did great. They did labs today to check her levels and her hemoglobin came back at a 5. 😳😬. That is not good. I can’t believe how well she has done over the last 2 days with her level being so low. She had been complaining of headaches and was getting really tired so now we know why. The chemo she had last week is what caused her blood levels to drop so much. It is a known side effect that we were aware of, I just didn’t think it would drop so much, so quickly. It actually came at a good time so we can get her levels back up before she heads to camp on Sunday. They are giving her 2 units because she was so low, so she should feel much better after the transfusion. 

I am overjoyed that there was an available supply of B- blood today for her to be able to get the transfusion when she so badly needed it. Thank you to everyone that has donated blood to make this possible! May each of you be blessed!

I pray that the blood would bring health and healing to her body. I also pray for the person who donated the blood to help give my child life. I pray that they are blessed and feel the love and joy of the Lord today for their amazing gift.
#HealingForHaylie




No comments:

Post a Comment