And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, July 14, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 37

Haylie Update -July 13

It’s been a couple of days since my last update. Haylie is doing good. Really tired from the last round of chemo so she sleeps most of the day but overall doing good. I knew she was feeling much better today when she got her humor back and had me laughing all morning. I love to see her smile and hear her laugh.

Yesterday was our hospital chemo day. It was the first time she had her port accessed again since we had it put in last week. She was a little nervous because she is still so sore, but she did great. Each time they access it, it will be easier on her. I’m putting a few pictures of the port on here since I’ve had a lot of people asking what it looks like. It’s all new to me so I had the nurse show us what they look like outside the body. 

Today I was a lot nervous because I had to give her the first at home chemo shot by myself. 😬. She told me that I did great and was much better than she expected which is a good thing, I think.

We also got her wheelchair delivered yesterday so things will be much easier for both of us when we have to go somewhere. She will get her strength back soon, but right now she can’t walk far at all. It made it a real challenge going to the hospital because I couldn’t park in the parking garage because it was too far to walk. Needless to say, I got to know the valet guys pretty well. After they lost my keys the last time, they kept my car parked right up front this time. πŸ˜‚. It was nice because it was ready to go when I got there!

Brennen is especially excited about the wheelchair and wants to take it on races around the block. So if anyone sees him in our neighborhood just smile and wave. πŸ˜‚. He has been a trooper having to spend lots of time at the hospital and at home being my helper. It’s certainly not the summer we had planned, but I know God is still growing and strengthening us during this time. Someday we will look back on this year and we will see how far we have come, and how God was right there, every single step of the way.
#HealingForHaylie
This is the what the port looks like that was implanted under Haylie’s skin that the access needle connects to for chemo treatments. The white cord connects to a vein in her neck so the chemo is put right into her bloodstream.

This is the access needle that is put in each week for chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment